The Escape by Enspire Studio
Behind the Scenes with Andre Surya
Andre Surya goes behind the scenes with YURdigital into the making of The Escape, the recently released, award winning short movie by Enspire Studio. The Escape is creating an international buzz in the digital art world, GC channels and VFX circles. Go Behind the Scenes with YURdigital to find out why...
Andre Surya was born in Jakarta, Indonesia. He studied at Vanarts in Vancouver and has worked for Industrial Light and Magic Singapore, a division of Lucasfilm Singapore. Andre has used his talents on several movies including Iron Man and Iron Man 2, Rango, Star Trek, Priest, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Terminator: Salvation.
Upon returning to Jakarta, he partnered with Evann Tjokrosetio. Evann worked in the VFX industry in Australia on more than 4 feature films and one of TV’s most acclaimed TV series ‘The Pacific’. Together with Andre, they aim to create a world class standard animation studio in Indonesia. Enspire Studio aims to deliver High Quality Cinematics, TV Series and Hi-profile Commercials.
Andre has known us since our Renderosity days and was kind enough to share details about what he's been doing along with what was involved in their flagship animation.
1. What tools and software did you use to create your movie? For the software we use 3Dsmax and for the hardware we use Intel Core i5 2500k and 8GB ram. And the movie done with using render power of 7 computers.
2. How long have you been working on it? From Pre-production until final finished movie it took about 6 months, 3 months of pre-production and 3 months of 3D animation production for about 7 people working when we are in full 3D animation production.
In April of this year, Enspire Studio released their premiere demo real to showcase their team's skills. It was so successfully executed that The Escape has already won several awards and been featured in the press:
- Best short competition – Awards of merit- \U.S.A
- Best Short animation award from Asian on film award festival\Los.Angeles, U.S.A
- Finalist at scratch film festival\Italy
- Finalist at View awards festival\Italy (festival still in progress)
- Official selection at festiweb film festival\Canada
- Official selection at renderyard film festival\Spain
- Official selection at Off courts film festival\France
- Official selection at Pausefest Film festival\Australia
- Dope 3D Animation Award
- cgarena excellence award
- CGfeedback frontpage
- maxunderground featured news
- Featured in pixel arts magazine
- Screened at popcon asia 2012\Indonesia
- Interview in Thewallbreakers.com
See what all the graphic buzz is about:
The animation takes a wild run thru dark city streets detailed with 3d models of bottles, boxes and trash. Then the animation transports you into an unexpected place with beautifully designed 3d architecture that leaves you breathless.
To see all of the 3D models featured in their animation, visit the Details link on the Our Works page of Enspire Studio's website.
If you would like to see all the beautiful digital art images from the animation, have a look at the Poster link on the Our Works page of Enspire Studio's website.
For more information, please visit Enspire Studio's Official Website or email email@example.com.
Castle construction kit
for Vue, 3ds MAX & OBJ
3D Model Naboo Houses
for Vue, 3ds MAX & OBJ
Public Park Bundle OBJ Models.
UV Mapped with Texture Maps.
3D Horse Model
in Maya and OBJ formats